IANTD Recreational Trimix Diver
One of IANTD differentials in the formation of any confident and safe IANTD Diver is our training philosophy known as:
- WATER – Wisdom, Attitude, Training, Experience and Repetition.
A relaxed confident diver is a safe diver who will enjoy exploring inner-space and pursue diving adventures for a lifetime.
by Tom Mount
This Program is designed to provide a breathing medium for extending dives using ENDs no greater than 80 fsw (24 msw) depth ranges.
Program covers all Recreational Trimix gas mixes from 28% to a maximum of 40% oxygen, and Helium concentrations yielding an END no greater than 80 fsw (24 msw) emphasizing the use of 30/25.
How deep can you dive with the IANTD Recreational Trimix Diver (OC, SCR, CCR) Program?
No dives may be conducted to depths greater than 130fsw.
What do you need to enroll in this program?
- Open Circuit
- Must be a qualified IANTD Deep Diver equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- Must be a qualified IANTD Recreational Rebreather Deep Diver or Diver equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
What is the minimum materials requirements?
- For Rebreather: IANTD Recreational Rebreather Trimix Diver Student Kit
- For Open Circuit: IANTD Recreational Trimix Diver Student Kit.
What this program must include?
- Academic Sessions
- Benefits & Concerns
- Planning Recreational Trimix Dives
- Operational Aspects
- … and much more.
- Open Water Sessions
- Open water dives are OPTIONAL.
What makes an IANTD class different?
- More knowledge!
- More Practical Skills & Emergency Drills
- Focus on have better, more confortable and safer divers
SCUBA diving is a physical activity. Therefore, in order to participate in any class, you must maintain a reasonable level of health and fitness. You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to any in-water training. Some medical conditions are incompatible with diving but most simply require consultation with a medical professional.